Heart "lives" because of continuous incominghim oxygen, which brings blood. The deterioration of the quality of the blood supply to the heart muscle directly affects its ability to contract. Without enough oxygen and nutrients to the heart tissue, slowly but surely begins to die.
Factors that cause coronary artery disease
The main reason for the development of a "bouquet" of pathologies in the heart - the narrowing of the lumen of the coronary arteries, providing full-scale operation of the heart muscle.
To the heart of the blood enters through two major vessel- The coronary arteries, which is due to wear and there is an overwhelming number of CHD cases. The term "ischemic heart disease" can be rightly considered as synonymous with the concept of "coronary heart disease".
Violation of blood flow to the heart may provoke the following diseases:
- Atherosclerosis coronary arteries. In 95% of cases is the direct cause of coronary heart disease. The disease occurs when the walls of arteries forming plaques that narrow the lumen of the vessel and disrupt blood circulation.
- Syndrome X - is not a common condition,as atherosclerosis, but it accounts for a certain percentage of deaths from coronary heart disease. It consists in plugging the small cardiac arteries, with the walls of the coronary arteries remain unchanged.
- Among other less common factorssecrete blocking blood flow when the coronary artery thrombus occludes migrated; aortic aneurysm, coronary artery disease development, syphilitic aortic lesion.
Components of ischemic heart disease
Modern medicine has not yet reached such heights,to rid patients of coronary heart disease forever, but the timely and proper treatment could stop the progression of the disease and significantly improve the quality of life of the patient.
The underlying principle is the successful treatment of CHD nullifying all risk factors:
- adherence to a healthy lifestyle;
- normalization blood pressure;
- restful sleep, healthy food;
- reduction of sugar and cholesterol in the blood;
- rejection of bad habits;
But the visible and reliable results are achieved, of course, with the help of medication. Medications taken regularly for life - the only way to keep the disease under control.
If the patient's condition with severe stage of coronary artery disease and the presence of heart failure, a history of deteriorating, it is shown urgent hospitalization for additional medical treatment.
In some cases, the patient is put in hospital:
- at the first strokes (if it was not before);
- arrhythmia in first-episode (if it was not before) or in case of severe attack launched arrhythmia;
- in progressive angina;
- an acute condition of the patient, which is accompanied by an increase in edema, intense dyspnea, alarming figures on the ECG;
- for suspected myocardial infarction;
- to prepare for the surgery.
Severe atherosclerosis of the coronary arteriesIt requires surgery - reduce cholesterol plaques or expand the lumen of the vessel is only possible with a scalpel. In desperate for medical treatment cases, the only way to save the patient's life is a heart transplant.
If the doctor is no reason to consider the case of a patient with ischemic heart disease running, people can be successfully treated at home.
Medications used for the correction of CHD
- Medications, normalizes blood pressure. High blood pressure - more naguzka in the heart vessels, due to which their lumen narrows even more and the amount of oxygen supplied to the heart is reduced. Optimal blood pressure with coronary artery disease - 140/90. Hg. Art. and 130/90 - for those who suffer from diabetes.
- ACE inhibitors - drugs thatblocking angiotensin-2 enzyme that causes high blood pressure. Take only on prescription, since not all patients tolerate them well.
- Preparations angiotensin receptor blockers - notonly contribute to normalizing the blood pressure, but also to suspend the development of hypertrophy of the heart muscle. These drugs are well tolerated by the patients, who for one reason or another are unable to take ACE inhibitors drugs.
The most commonly used drugs: Losap, Lorista, Valz, Diovan, Atacand, Mikardis.
Medications used to improve the performance of the heart muscle
- Beta-blockers - reduce the level of stresshormones in the heart, are able to eliminate the arrhythmia and reduce the frequency of contractions of the heart muscle (Egilok, Concor). Applied as a long-lasting, and a short course.
- Nitrates. With the help of these drugs to cope with heart attacks (Nitroglycerin Izoket). Rapidly expanding spastic coronary arteries, reducing blood flow to the heart, thereby greatly facilitate its work, reduce pain in the cardiac muscle.
- Drugs which reduce cholesterol levels in the blood (atorvastatin, simvastatin).
- Medications that make the blood less viscous (Aspirin. Warfarin). When the blood has high viscosity, high probability of occurrence of blood clots in the coronary arteries, the heart blood comes hard.
- Drugs that normalize blood glucose levels.
- Antigipoksanty - drugs that remove oxygen shortage in the heart muscle (Trimetazidine).
The duration of the treatment of coronary artery disease
Unfortunately, coronary heart disease - diseaseirreversible, relentless medical attention and control it requires all subsequent life of the patient. This is true of drugs that regulate the pressure and normalize blood glucose and cholesterol in the blood aspirin and its analogs. The independent activity in the treatment of severely disabled - willful abandonment of a particular drug or change its dosage can lead to unfavorable consequences - heart attacks, cardiac arrest.
In addition, great importance is the strict diet and healthy, thoughtfully planned out daily routine. These questions also can and should be discussed with your doctor.
Natural remedies in the treatment of coronary artery disease
our website drew attention to their readers the recipes for a healthy heart. Undeniable help they will have and those who suffer from coronary artery disease.
- Tibetan monks claim that a significant improvement in ischemic disease can be achieved by eating every day, 100 grams is not very fat cottage cheese.
- In CHD it is very useful to eat together with bones Kalina.
- Excellent tonic medicine for the heart arteries and the heart muscle itself - grated nutmeg with milk.
- For the normalization of the heart all the dishes in the East flavored with a generous portion of cardamom.
- To strengthen the heart muscle is poured a handfuloat grains of hot boiled water (1 to 10), insist night and filter. Insist on taking half a cup for 15 minutes before a meal from 1 to 3 times a day.