Causes and symptoms
At the beginning of the disease occurs in the frontal sinusesinfection by pathogens. They may be viral, bacterial, and, rarely, fungal. The reason for their penetration and subsequent reproduction can be:
- banal coldWhich incorrectly treated or not treated at all;
- Nose injuries of various kinds. Very often, sinusitis occurs in athletes and is considered an occupational disease;
- a consequence of diseases such as diphtheria and scarlet fever;
- allergic rhinitis, which treatment should begin with identifying the allergen;
- ARI borne diseases SARS.
The disease can be different: it depends on the shape and nature of the disease itself, as well as the age and the patient's immune system. Since sinusitis is a type of sinusitis, It can be observed as a sharp worsening of the disease and its development over time, up to several years.
Symptoms of sinusitis also differ independing on the factors listed above. In the acute form of the disease symptoms and feel more pronounced, with chronic - less. This acute form of the disease is much easier to treat. The main symptoms of sinusitis are:
- swelling around the eyes and nose, particularly pronounced in the morning;
- pain in the nose, forehead, especially pronounced in the period from 10 am to 15 pm. Also, the pain increases, if a person leans forward, but the pain in a horizontal position can abate;
- shortness of breath, which is due to the fact that the nasal passages are blocked due to swelling and inflammation of the mucous membrane;
- runny nose - a fairly common symptom, sometimes secrete mucus takes a greenish tint, and has a pungent odor.
However, some forms of sinusitis can proceed without discharge from the nose.
There are also symptoms that are taking place, but they are not accurate indication directly this disease:
- temperature the body can rise to 39-40 degrees;
- lethargy and fatigue;
- cough, Escalating at night;
- toothache, Particularly radiating in the upper jaw;
- a sore throat;
Diagnosis of sinusitis
In the treatment of sinusitis and prescribers,facilitating the patient's general condition. The range of such drugs include decongestants, antipyretics and anti-inflammatories. The first essential in order to reduce the swelling of the mucous membrane. Breathing becomes free, nasal congestion disappears. The most common drop: Nazivin, Nazol, Vibortsil.
In case of temperature increase above 38.5degrees, you need to take medication, lowering it. Depending on the sensitivity, drugs are prescribed on the basis of paracetamol (Panadol, Efferalagan), the second option - based Ibuprofen - Ibuprofen or Nurofen. Longer than three days can not take these drugs. If the temperature is lower than 38.5, but you are plagued by other symptoms: headache, fever, general weakness of the body, in such cases, the reception antipyretic also allowed.
Medications - this is certainly good, but the front needs and other types of treatment, namely washing, inhalation, and, unfortunately, sometimes doctors are forced to resort to surgical methods.
You should know that it is very important in the treatment of sinusitis wash out a nose. This type of treatment can perhaps be put onone step to taking antibiotics. Do washing and can be at home, most importantly, pre-clean the nasal passages using a vasoconstrictor. Embodiments of solutions for washing:
- saline - 1 teaspoon of sea salt (iodized or can be common) to 1 liter of water;
- St. John's wort: steamed 1 teaspoon in a cup of water.
Take a syringe or any other syringe,Lean over the sink, and under intense pressure pour the liquid into one nostril. It must pour out the other nostril. Necessary to carry out the procedure once a day, the solution must be kept warm.
Also at home can be carried outinhalation. This can be done in a conventional manner: over the potatoes, and effective form of treatment is the inhalation of the bay leaf. Suffice it to 0.5 liters of water boil for 5-7 pieces bay leaves and breathe on them. The procedure should be carried out every day, duration - 10 minutes.
Remember that heating of sinusitis can hurt, so do not self-medicate, perform the procedure only after consultation with the doctor.
Puncture at the front
Most often prescribed puncture ifsinusitis drug treatment did not help. The main indications for puncture of the frontal sinus is pus in the sinus, severe headaches, cysts. Before the procedure is very important to do an x-ray, which will show exactly where in you need to make a puncture.
Front - one of those diseases which,First of all, we need prevention. As mentioned above, if you run a conventional treatment of respiratory diseases, it is possible to get sick sinusitis. Therefore, preference is given timely treatment of ordinary colds. This is exactly the case when the easier to prevent than to cure.
When the first symptoms of coldsyou need to start taking antiviral drugs, as well as enter the water regime and moistening the nasal mucosa. The received fluid must be warm, it may be tea, juice, or milk, as well as simply warm water. Ideally, the water was body temperature. For moistening the mucous formulations can be applied on the basis of purified seawater, as well as doing their own: 1 liter of water 1 tsp.. salt (sea, or iodized table). Drip nose is necessary at least 5 times a day.