Sores on the tongue are erosivefoci of mucosal inflammation, accompanied by itching or painful sensations. The reasons on which the defect arises, very much. Mucous our main body of the speech may be subject to the ravages of external factors, as well as to respond in this way on diseases of the oral cavity, or other systemic diseases of the body. Our site offers to consider the main factors that somehow can affect oral health in general and health in particular language.
Reasons surface of the tongue ulceration
To determine the nature andtreatment sequence, it is necessary to establish reliable cause, which is the basis of this unpleasant condition. Thus, the factors that trigger point mucositis language can be divided into three large groups. We read each of them in order.
Diseases of the oral cavity.
- Aphthous stomatitis. In most cases, the disease becomes chronic, and it stretched on for months or even years. All this time the periods of exacerbation alternating with periods of remission. The fruit of the disease are the so-called sprue - small ulcers in the mouth and on the tongue. On the mucous can be formed as a single sore, and the whole cluster of them. Despite its modest size, the sprue is extremely painful, so it is impossible to ignore the problem. The disease resembles itself whenever the patient takes food or talking. With appropriate treatment of aphthous ulcers passes an average of 6-7 days. However, if the inflammation persists for a long time and wound healing for a long time, in its place remains a scar. Generally, the regeneration process is delayed for a month, if the treatment is accompanied by trauma or complications.
- Herpetic stomatitis. From the title it is clear that the causative agent of the disease is a herpetic infection. Externally, inflammation and looks like a terrific bubbles herpes on the lips. Only in this case there are multiple small ulcers on the lower heaven and the lower part of the tongue. They typically do not have clear outlines, the center of each bubble noticeable serous fluid. Coming off a sore point in 7-10 days, without leaving a trace.
- Plain stomatitis. When the disease occurs mostly inOnly one ulcerated wound, but in some cases, their number increased to 2-3 pieces. The surface of the sores in this type of stomatitis tightened whitish or yellowish-gray film.
- Thrush. The disease, known more as a thrush, is a fungal nature of origin. Sores that occur in the mouth, when the disease is always white and the language and the remaining portions of the mouth, covers the whitish plaque. Thrush, as a rule, "love" kids, but it can get sick and adult.
- Recurrent necrotizing periadenit oraphthosis Setton. The disease has its own specifics. Initially, the tissues beneath the tongue and mucous membrane of the oral cavity, the compacted areas develop, but after some time in their place on the surface appear the ulcer. Externally, they resemble the convex dense plaques with raised edges. Each plaque is filled with inflammatory infiltrate, which are the main components of the cellular elements of the blood and lymph. Ulcers are delivered to the patient a lot of pain. As a rule, they are located on the sides of the tongue, on the inside of the cheeks or lips. Necrotizing periadenit different long, difficult to treat and may stretch over several months.
- Apthae Bednar. The risk group includes children of preschool and early school age. The disease is expressed by small ulcers with a yellowish coating. Erosive process occurs when there is insufficient oral care.
General somatic disease.
- There are periods in life, when his body is significantly weakened. The decline of the body's defenses is due to infections caused by viruses, stomatitis motivated allergies, General exhaustion or hypothermia. It was at this point could develop necrotizing gingivostomatitis, which is expressed by inflammatory erosive processes in the mucous membranes of the mouth and tongue. The disease is accompanied by other signs: putrid breath, increased salivation, yellowish-gray powder on the gums and tongue, high body temperature. Ulcers at the same time do not have smooth edges, characterized by a touch of green hue and a high degree of morbidity.
- Tuberculosis. Often, on the background of pulmonary TB develops secondary oral cavity. He appears when the TB germs climb up the airways and penetrate the oral mucosa. First, in the mouth and tongue develop seals in place which later formed small ulcers, which over time will grow. Large inflamed sores are small, softening and bleeding. The patient usually increased body temperature and general malaise symptoms are observed.
- Syphilis. The causative agent of the disease - a microorganism called white treponema. When the incubation period ends, there are sores in the mouth that persist throughout the period of the disease. They cover the tongue, palate, inside the cheeks and lips. At an early stage syphilis inflamed areas do not cause the patientno discomfort, but after a while the pain is still tolerant appears. Ulcers long run, alive, on average 3-4 months, and leave behind a mark similar to an asterisk.
- HIV. In some cases, gum disease observed pitting, which sometimes extends to buccal mucosa and tongue.
Treatment of ulcers on the tongue
Before you develop a plan of therapeutic action,doctor determines the source of inflammation in the mouth and on the tongue. Only after the issuance of a specific diagnosis to begin treatment of mucosal language. The specifics of the treatment will depend on the cause of development of ulcers.
So when herpetic stomatitis patientsdischarged funds belonging to the group of medicines adversely affect the herpes virus. As an external means for removing mucosal inflammatory response to applied Acyclovir ointment.
Antifungal medications are relevant in the treatment of thrush. antibiotics, Treated with corticosteroids and sulfonamidesaphthous stomatitis. In addition, during the treatment of stomatitis (a kind when it does not matter) patients recommend taking vitamin C to strengthen the protective barrier of the body.
To eliminate necrotic gingivostomatitisuse antibiotics and antihistamines. Do not forget also about the multivitamin drugs and high-calorie diet. In some cases, a doctor sees the need to use drugs that stimulate the function of the cardiovascular system. After oral diseases are devitalized tissue which is cut out using local anesthesia. Wounds treated with antiseptic.
Small erosive damage language obtaineda result of trauma, in most cases go away. If the regenerative process is delayed, it stimulated with antiseptic and wound-healing agents.
The treatment of syphilis and tuberculosis are engaged doctorsspecialized medical clinics. Human immunodeficiency virus - field for infectious diseases. Against the background of basic therapy is performed local treatment to alleviate pain symptoms of the affected mucosa of the mouth.
Universal treatment of ulcers on the tongue
Regardless of the cause ulceration of the surfacelanguage of shells and mouth, topical treatment can be carried out for the relief of inflammation and the relief of pain, which is common for ulcers of any origin. Here are the tools that are suitable for the treatment of damaged places:
- brilliant green - it is better to find an antiseptic;
- hydrogen peroxide - Can be used several times throughout the day;
- Gel-based formulations of lidocaine;
- ointments and gels which include dexamethasone;
- chlorhexidine for rinsing;
- solution of baking soda;
- furatsilin diluted in half with water.
A great helper in this case, and will bephytotherapy. There are many herbs that have antiseptic and wound-healing properties. From them prepare broth and rinse their mouth from 3 to 5 times a day. Here is a list of the most popular herbs to eliminate the ulcers in the language:
- chamomile flowers;
- herb St. John's wort;
- Oak bark.
Remember, even one treatment of shallow ulcers in the language you want to start as soon as possible - only if it heals quickly and painlessly.