From the base of the skull out of 12 pairsnerves. Each couple is responsible for the transmission of nerve impulses to the different organs. The tenth pair of complex nerve called the vagus nerve, as the brain sends signals through it almost all organs of the human body, and they, in turn, transmits a response nerve impulses to the cerebral cortex. The path of the vagus nerve runs from the base of the skull to the neck, chest, and peritoneum.
Vagus nerve fiber is presented with a verycomplex structure and fine organization: its fabric has a motor, secretory and sensory fibers. The defeat of the vagus nerve does not bode well, because this affects many organs and body systems.
The value of the vagus nerve
Normal functioning of the nerve provides the following essential functions of the human body:
- vomiting reflex;
- gastric activity;
- the work of the respiratory system;
- the work of the heart muscle.
If the vagus nerve, for some reason, suddenly goes down, the heart immediately stops beating and the person dies.
Causes of pathologies associated with the work of the vagus nerve
Diseases which are based on a problem related to the operation of 10 pairs of nerves, treat, relying solely on external symptomatic picture. The main factors of development of the pathology considered:
- Damaged or pinched vagus nerve during surgery.
- The negative impact on the nerve increased blood sugar concentration at diabetes.
- Diseases of the respiratory system of viral etiology.
- Severe chronic diseases (eg, HIV or Parkinson's disease).
- Chronic alcoholismAgainst which the patient develops alcoholic neuropathy.
Signs of pathology
Pinching the vagus nerve turns toHuman angioneurosis and neurasthenia. At the heart of the first group of diseases are disruptive vessels, based on the second - high excitability of the central nervous system and nervous exhaustion.
The most common diseases in the defeat of the vagus nerve is considered:
- Migraine - Prolonged bout of severe headache, which worried man from time to time (episodically).
- Meniere's disease - suffer peripheral CNS and brain, in connection with which there dizzinessReduced quality of hearing.
- Raynaud's disease - There is a disorder of the nervous system in general. On this basis, the hands, feet and some parts of the face pale and become cold, the nature of the patient emerges excessive temper.
Treatment of diseases of the vagus nerve
The prognosis for this disorder ratherunfavorable: the nerve fiber pathology can be treated very seriously. That's why any signs of breakdown is a compelling reason to seek medical attention.
In the treatment of the vagus nerve official medicine uses a specific set of tools:
- hormone drugs (e.g., prednisolone, hydrocortisone);
- vitamin complexes with a predominance of B vitamins;
- allergy medications;
- anticholinesterase agents - drugs that inhibit the activity of the enzyme groups, through which the excitation pulse enters the nervous system (for example, Neuromidin, Neostigmine).
In the treatment of disorders which are associated withjamming of the vagus nerve, often used physiotherapy techniques. Good results show treatment diadynamic currents at the site of the concentration of pain.
When the patient's condition makes doctorsgreat concern, take drastic measures in the form of electrical or plasmapheresis (cleansing of the body at the cellular level through a blood filtering special devices).
Treatment of the vagus nerve passes under the mandatory medical supervision: incompetent therapy for serious disorders of certain organs can cause a patient a lethal outcome.
Traditional methods of treating diseases
our website notes that ethnoscience It does not play a special role in the treatment of lesionsthe vagus nerve. With the help of herbal medicine is possible to some extent to reduce the intensity of symptoms of the disease, but not cure it. However, to apply the desired experience of traditional medicine to strengthen the traditional treatment can be previously put in notify your doctor.
Here are some recipes for brewing herbs to improve the general well-being:
- Take 1 tbsp. l. dried herb thyme and fill it with 50 ml of boiling water, then infuse quarter of an hour means. Divide into 4 portions of drink and drink throughout the day.
- Mix the dried herbs and lemon balm mint and pour 2 tablespoons. l. a mixture of 1 cup of boiling water, let it brew for 20 minutes means. Divide a portion into 2 equal parts and drink during the day.
- Handful of fresh clover flowers pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for half an hour. Then strain and drink drink for 2-3 hours.
To facilitate the patient's condition in disorders caused by lesions of the vagus nerve, and therapeutic baths are used.
- To prepare the bath you need a rootCalamus, yarrow, grass oregano and pine buds. Take 5-6 Art. l. each agent and pour this mixture of 10 liters of boiling water. Fragrant "drug" takes about 5-6 hours to brew and to get the desired concentration. When the specified time is up, pour the infusion into the hot water and soak in the healing liquid for about 15-20 minutes. Thus it is necessary to completely relax. Remember that the water temperature should not exceed 33 ° C.
- The visible positive effect provedbath itself, which includes sedation following ingredients: sweet flag root, lavender, rosemary leaves and peppermint leaves. You will need 3 tablespoons. l. each phytoremedy - mixture should pour 10 liters of boiling water. Insist "cure" for 6 hours and then filter out and mix with hot water in the bathroom. Being in the water can be from 10 to 20 minutes. Therapeutic bath stimulates the activity of the nervous, respiratory and cardiac systems, eliminates the inflammation and painful migraine.
- When the vagus nerve pathologies and does not hurtbath, prepared by the following recipe: take 0.5 st. dry crushed leaves of sage and valerian root and pour this mixture of 8 liters of boiling water. Allow to infusion for 5-6 hours and then pour it into a water bath at a temperature above room temperature by a few degrees. Sit in a fragrant liquid 10-15 minutes, completely relaxed. Therapeutic bath effectively eliminates the headaches, relieves spasms in disorders of the digestive system, improves coronary circulation.
Unfortunately, fully recover from the effects ofpinching vagal practically impossible. To avoid being a victim of severe disease, you need to carefully monitor the state of their nervous system. Even with the best non-essential suspicious symptoms see a doctor for a competent treatment. Negligent attitude to their own health and self-illiterate nobody has benefited.