IUD or contraceptive coil isfor the prevention of pregnancy. The principle of "work" of the device lies in the fact that the Navy does not allow the promotion of mature egg. Spirals are divided into two types - brass and with a certain amount of the hormone. Depending on the type of spiral and firms the cost can vary from 5 to 15 thousand rubles. The leading position in the world confidently takes the Navy a new generation «MIRENA». The main active substance spiral - the hormone levonorgestrel. Every day in the uterus is released daily dose of hormone, it prevents pregnancy. Also, insertion of an IUD gynecologists often recommended for the treatment of gynecological diseases. Duration of the Navy for 5 years.
A little history
Intrauterine contraceptive spirals wereinvented not so long ago, only 70-80 years ago. The first IUDs looked as a small ring bar or plate of precious metal (preferably silver or even gold). Later, in the 70s of the last century, women were able to experience all the "charms" of a novelty - flexible plastic spirals are possible and warned pregnancy, but side effects such as excessive bleeding, pain and foreign body sensation were not able to prove it necessity.
Over the years, the size of the Navy began to decrease, and the base plate of steel "to wrap up" copper wire. This technique became popular and now many women set such a spiral.
Because there are only two types of IUDs, the MipSovetov offers readers acquainted with the action of each spiral.
Types of IUDs:
- Copper or spiral of a certain alloymetals inhibit the activity of sperm. The liquid produced by the uterus, which is detrimental to sperm, it also prevents the fertilized ovum. This spiral thins endometrium wall. Duration of the Navy is about 10 years.
- Navy artificial hormone is safe contraceptive method. Daily spiral highlights the daily dosea hormone that promotes the release of more viscous mucus from the uterus and prevents even the full attachment of a fertilized egg. Similar systems are also used for therapeutic purposes in the treatment of gynecological diseases. Validity spiral with hormone - 5 years.
What is and what benefits
IUD has to insert and removeOnly qualified personnel. If you decide to install a spiral, you must first visit a gynecologist, who will conduct a thorough inspection. You may need to get tested to rule out inflammatory processes.
2-3 days prior to the specified date of administration should refrain from sexual activity. You also can not conduct syringing, Use candles and tablets (with the exception -doctor's appointment). The most appropriate time for the introduction of the Navy - 1-7 day menstruation, when the cervix is softer, and hence the spiral is much easier to enter.
We introduce the intrauterine device in an outpatientsterile office. Installation time - from 3 to 5 minutes. The doctor first processes the cervix with antiseptic. During IUD woman can feel the short-term a dull ache in the abdomen. This is so that the doctor pulls the surgical instrument cervix to straighten it. Such manipulations allow us to establish a spiral in the correct position.
Immediately after the introduction of the spiral a woman can feel dizzinessRarely - acute pain. If these symptoms persist after 20-30 minutes after delivery of the Navy, the doctor re-examines a woman. Not exclude the possibility of improper introduction of the spiral. In this case, it is removed and set the new system.
During the day, and sometimes more, a woman may feel aching lower abdominal pain. Menstruation can last for 1-2 days.
After the introduction of the spiral can not engage in sexual activity for a week and insert tampons. You also can not take medication with acetylsalicylic acid.
After the introduction of the Navy during the month of undesirable access to the sauna and sunbathe. Also it is necessary to limit physical activity.
A month later (if the doctor did not prescribe earlier date)after setting the spiral should visit a doctor and do an ultrasound to see the location of the IUD in the uterus. If the coil is positioned correctly, and the woman does not feel discomfort, it is necessary twice a year to conduct routine inspection.
It is necessary to know
- Hormonal IUDs can be installed after the abortion in the first month.
- If a woman has had miscarriages miscarriage, The coil set no earlier than 1.5 months.
- After birth, you need time to recover - from 1.5 to 3 months, after which you may install the spiral.
- Navy is not a contraceptive after unprotected intercourse.
- Remove the system should be in 5 years, if you have installed the hormonal IUD and 7-10 years - if the copper.
- At the same time removing the spiral can set a new one.
- Each month after menstruation has ended, it is necessary to check the spiraling tendrils into the vagina. If they are not, or one shorter than the other, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
This is counter-Navy
Use of intrauterine contraceptive can not every woman. Navy be permitted parous women, leading a regular sex life, with one partner.
In some cases, the system is contraindicated:
- spiral should not be administered if a woman has inflammatory gynecological diseases;
- the doctor never install a spiral on the patient's request. At first inspection is conducted, shall be necessary tests to rule out infection;
- during pregnancy, including ectopic;
- malignant cervical and uterine tumors;
- Chronic diseases - tuberculosis, Cardio-vascular disease;
- hormonal IUD is prohibited under mastitis.
Any contraceptive can guarantee 100% protection. Furthermore, in the first time after the administration of the contraceptive system side effects may occur:
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of genitals;
- perforation of the uterus;
- spiral loss;
- heavy painful periods;
- absence of menstrual periods;
- increased appetite, weight gain;
To avoid problems with the intrauterine system,you must consider the choice of a responsible and carefully weigh everything. Before installing, you must necessarily be examined by a gynecologist to rule out inflammation and other gynecological problems.