Causes of phlegm in the throat
The reasons for which can be accumulated phlegm in the throat, a lot:
- often phlegm in the throat appears when such acute ENT diseases as SARS from rhinitis. pharyngitis. laryngitis. tonsillitis. bronchitis. genyantritis, Adenoids, sinusitis, sore throat;
- chronic diseases such as asthma and bronchitis, may also be the cause of the release of large amounts of mucus;
- Bacterial infections caused by pathogens such as Staphylococcus and Streptococcus;
- other respiratory diseases;
- eating too cold or hot food, spicy spices, pickles, dairy products can also cause the accumulation of sputum in the throat in some people;
- allergic rhinitis and sinusitis are always accompanied by copious sputum;
- Some diseases and gastrointestinal diseases are often the cause of a large amount of phlegm in the throat;
- smokers and those who abuse alcohol often suffer from the presence of mucus in the throat;
- often the appearance of sputum may occur due to the inhalation of dust, smoke, combustion gases and hazardous substances. In this case, the victim develops pharyngitisWhich can become chronic, if time does not begin treatment;
- immunity and frequent reduction heartburn during pregnancy in women can also lead to the accumulation of mucus in the throat.
Treatment of phlegm in the throat
By itself, sputum, accumulated in the throat,It is not a disease but a consequence. To get rid of mucus presence, you need to find the cause of the disease and the diagnosis is correct. In the diagnosis of the patient should describe in detail all the sensations audiologist. It is possible that after oral consultation and examination, the doctor prescribe treatment immediately. In some cases, the diagnosis may require tests of sputum.
In diseases of the respiratory tract
In some cases, for more efficientTreatment can resort to folk remedies to combat phlegm. herbal medicine course should last at least 2-4 weeks even if the sputum is gone before, otherwise the problem might come back.
Thus, the most effective means in the event of phlegm in the throat:
- Mix grated radish with honey (2 tbsp. L.) and let them insist. When the radish has enough juice, strain it and take 1 tbsp. l 3 times a day after meals. Do not drink or eat anything within an hour after ingestion.
- 2-3 sprigs of Aloe grind in a blender and mix with honey in the ratio 1: 1. Take 1 tbsp. l. means 2-3 times a day after meals.
- Liter jar of pine cones pour 1 cupsugar and leave for 1 month in the sun. When the buds start up the juice, strain it and put in a dark place. Take 3-4 times a day. Collect cones recommended from 20 to 23 June.
- Pour in half-liter jar 1 tbsp. l. chamomile, St. John's wort, plantain and marigold, grass pour boiling water and leave for 15 minutes in a water bath. Then strain the herb, add 1 tablespoon into a liquid. l. honey liqueur and bring boiled water to 500 ml. Take 1 tbsp. l. 3 times a day, 1 hour after meals.
To the treatment for the removal of mucus from the throat to be effective and fast, it is necessary to carry out a number of recommendations:
- take as much fluid, it contributes to liquefaction and excretion of mucus;
- sign up for a massage, it helps to quickly eliminate phlegm;
- take a bath 2 times a day, as much as possible access to the pool, if not contraindicated in your diagnosis;
- Make inhalation with potatoes and soda, they soften the cough and relieve swelling;
- longer walk in the fresh air;
- try not to be near the plant, causing you have allergies;
- Replace feather pillows on hypoallergenic fillers;
- if you smoke, quit the habit, do not aggravate your condition;
- buy a humidifier and use it during the heating season;
- more frequent wet cleaning of premises and office in which you work.
In the case of phlegm in the throat, our site is not recommended to delay a visit to a specialist, or treatment is delayed for a long time, and the disease enters the chronic form.