The purpose of the article - to acquaint the readers of our website siteDimexidum with the drug. Tell about the features of this drug, it is used in some diseases, in what proportions it is required to breed.
Description Dimexidum drug
Dimexide is a remedy for externalapplication and represents a colorless transparent liquid with a characteristic garlic odor. The drug mixes well with water and alcohol. It crystallizes at temperatures below 16 ° C, but this does not affect the quality of the drug. Our site informs its readers that if a vial with Dimexidum crystals is placed in hot water, they easily melt and turn back into liquid.
The pharmacological properties of the drug
The active ingredient in the formulation is DMSO. He has a special chemical properties. Therefore Dimexidum has such a variety of pharmacological actions:
- reduces inflammation;
- restores cell nutrition processes in damaged tissues;
- destroy various pathogens;
- It improves blood flow in the capillaries;
- dissolves blood clots.
Due to this diversity of pharmacological effects of the drug has been successfully used in the treatment of many diseases.
Dimexidum can be used not only as a separate preparation, but also in conjunction with other drugs in the treatment of various diseases:
- autoimmune diseases: discoid lupus erythematosus;
- gynecological diseases: adnexitis, whites, inflammatory diseases, fungi, cervical degeneration, coleitis, metritis, parameters, postoperative complications, post-natal complications, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus, cracks, endometritis, cervical erosion;
- Dermatological diseases: acne, alopecia, keloid scars, tinea pedis, limited scleroderma, erysipelas, nodular erythema, abrasions, eczema;
- diseases of the musculoskeletal system: Ankylosing spondylitis (ankylosing spondylitis), deforming osteoarthritis (if any damage to the surrounding tissues of the joint), heel spurs, sciatica, reactive synovitis, rheumatoid arthritis;
- vascular disease: thrombophlebitis, trophic ulcers;
- proctology: hemorrhoids and its manifestations, abscess;
- urological diseases: benign prostatic hypertrophy, prostatitis (Acute and chronic), chronic cystitis;
- surgical diseases and traumatology: purulent wounds, burns, Sprains, traumatic infiltrations, bruises.
The drug should not be used when:
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- myocardial infarction;
- comatose states;
- violations of the liver and / or kidney problems;
- hypersensitivity to dimethylsulfoxide;
- cardiovascular disease;
- angina pectoris.
The site of our site warns that the drug should not be used for children up to 12 years and elderly people it is prescribed with great caution.
Side effects of the drug
Dimexidum well tolerated, but in some cases may occur:
- bronchospasm (very rare);
- contact dermatitis;
- dry skin;
- nausea or retching (very rare);
- erythema (skin rash and mucous membranes).
Forms Dimexidum release
- Dimexidum, concentrate for solution for outdoor applications; dark glass bottles (100 ml and 50).
- Dimexidum gel for external use 25% and 50% in the box.
- Propolis Candles number 10-D (propolis and dimexide).
- Included in the many ointments and gels for external application.
Special instructions before first use Dimexidum
The site of our site encourages its readers tothe first use of the drug to spend with him tolerance test. For this Dimexidum solution is applied using a cotton swab to the skin. Skin redness or itching evidence of hypersensitivity. In this case, the use is not recommended in Dimexidum as a medicament.
Some patients feel when you exhale the smell of garlic.
Dimexidum not be used during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
Dimexidum Interaction with other drugs
Dimexidum enhances the action:
- antibiotics mitsinov group;
- acetylsalicylic acid;
- insulin (with prolonged use of the drug insulin dose should be reduced);
- ethanol (alcohol-containing beverages inhibit withdrawal from the body of the drug).
Dimexidum can be used in combination therapy and combine:
- sintomitsina with liniment;
- with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
Dimexidum increases the body's sensitivity to anesthetic agents.
Dosing and Administration
Once again we draw attention to the fact that Dimexidumonly applied topically. The concentrated solution causes chemical burns to skin and mucous membranes, so before using it should always be diluted with water.
Dimexidum solution used in the form of compresses (20-30 minutes), or applications (for 10-15 minutes) for 10-15 days:
- local anesthesia for pain syndromes (sprains, bruises, sprains, bruises): 100-150 ml packs for 25-50% solution 2-3 times a day;
- erysipelas and sores: applications for 50-100 ml of 30-50% solution 2-3 times a day;
- facial skin or other highly sensitive areas: applications of 30-50 ml of 10-20-30% solution as prescribed by a doctor;
- heel spurs: compresses 100-150 ml of 30-40% solution 2-3 times a day;
- keloid scars: applications for 50-100 ml of 30-40% solution of 1 times a day for 14 days;
- chronic laringofaringit: Outer wrap 200 ml in a dilution of 1: 3 or 1: 4;
- eczema and diffuse streptoderma: packs of 50-100 ml of 40-90% solution of 2 times a day.
Remember that a more complete and detailed treatment plan for each specific disease can be obtained only after consulting your doctor.