This product you can find on the shelf, whereplaced other local anti-inflammatory drugs used in diseases of the upper respiratory tract and in dentistry. There are several forms of the drug release.
Tantum Verde is assigned even to small children. He has a lot of indications for use, however, have side effects and contraindications. Our site has decided to elaborate its readers about how to properly apply the medicine and how it operates.
General information about the drug, its release forms
Tantum Verde was developed in Italy in the factory"Francesco Angelini." It comes in the form of three dosage forms: spray solution for local impact and tablets (pastilles) for sucking. The active ingredient of all three forms is benzydamine hydrochloride, it belongs to the group of NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). The composition has a menthol derived from peppermint herb, it also contributes to facilitating in the removal of inflammation. In addition to the main active ingredient in the tablets has Auxiliary ingredients: citric acid, isomalt, aspartame (sweetening), mint and lemon flavors, colors lemon and indigo carmine.
Spray Tantum Verde - is a colorless solution,having the smell of menthol. In addition to the active substances present in its composition glycerol, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, saccharin, polysorbate 20, sodium bicarbonate, purified water, ethanol. Volume 30 ml vial, which is about 176 doses.
Solution for topical (local) applicationIt has a beautiful emerald green color and the flavor of mint. In it there are the following adjuvants: a sweetener, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, bicarbonate, Polysorbate 20, blue and yellow dyes, ethanol and water. Volume 120 ml bottle. Attached is a special measuring cup.
What action has the drug?
In addition to an antiseptic, antifungal,anti-inflammatory effects, the drug has analgesic and local anesthetic effect. Tantum Verde inhibits the production of prostaglandins, mediators of pain and inflammation. Undiluted solution is able to quickly relieve pain, reduce inflammation, ease cough, tonsils gradually dissolve purulent cork. Divorced solution is used to prevent the development of inflammation in surgical procedures, after tooth extraction or injury. During the slow resorption lozenge significantly improved state with strong and deep inflammation of the throat and mucous membranes.
When this medication can be used?
Tantum Verde is successfully used for the following illnesses:
- ENT diseases - laryngitis, Pharyngitis, acute and chronic tonsillitis;
- inflammation of the salivary glands, palate, gums (gingivitis, glossitis, stomatitis, Periodontal disease);
- fungal infection - candidiasis;
- in the postoperative period after surgery (tooth extraction, tonsillectomy, the consequences of maxillofacial injuries).
methods of use
Tablets prescribed to adults and children who are already 12 years old. Dosage is 1 tablet from 2 to 4 times a day. Tablets need to slowly dissolve in the mouth, but not drink the water.
The drug has a spray collapsible tube(Cannula), which must move away from the wall of the vial prior to irrigation of the mouth so that it was convenient to do. Before the procedure should blow his nose and clear mucus from the throat.
Spray should be sprayed in the oral cavity, nearer to the throat. The dosage in adults - from 4 to 8 injections every three hours.
Children aged 6 to 12 years must be carried out4 injection after 2 or 3 chasa several times per day. If the child is between 3 and 6 years, the number of receptions is not changed, but the dose should be calculated according to body weight. At the 4 kg weight baby is taken 1 dose, but they should not be more than four in one step. The instructions that came with the spray, indicates that the drug is allowed for children who have reached the age of three. However, the pharmacy parents often come with recipes, that very young infants discharged the spray. Apparently, pediatricians believe that such kids drug is not harmful.
Now let's talk about the use of Tantum solutionVerde is designed for rinsing. It can be recommended specifically for the treatment of sore throat, gums or palatal tissue or for prophylaxis to prevent infection and inflammation. Rinsing should be carried out after a meal, pre-rinsed mouth just water. For the treatment solution is not diluted, and should use the attached to the drug measured glass for prevention and care. In it, measure 15 ml of the drug, add the same amount of boiled water. After the procedure used a solution certainly spits.
our site will list the cases in which the tool can not be used:
- hypersensitivity or idiosyncrasy of at least one of the components of the composition;
- the age of the child up to three years;
- Tablets should not be used with phenylketonuria, peptic ulcer disease, congestive heart failure, asthma and pregnancy.
These are the unwanted effects may occur in patients:
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- drowsiness, headache, Palpitations;
- skin rashes, angioedema;
- mouth burning and dryness;
- laryngospasm (in young children);
- long-term use sometimes bleeding (of the gums, or stomach) anemia.
- Pregnant women are allowed to use spray Tantum Verde solution for rinsing.
- The active substance penetrates into breast milk, so nursing mothers can use it safely.
- Babies solution to rinse can be applied only to the age of twelve, always pre-diluting it half with water.
- If the cough is caused by a sore throat when pharyngitis, That means it will effectively remove, but with bronchitis, tracheitis, it will do nothing without participation in the treatment of other means.
- If you feel a burning sensation in the implementation of rinsing or after him the next time, try to dilute with water to metochki means a specially attached cup.
- Avoid getting medicine in your eyes.
Before you use Tantum Verde successfullytreating different diseases of the oral cavity, throat and respiratory tract, be sure to read it and follow the instructions of your physician. In case of side effects such as rashes in children, tell your doctor.