Acquainted with clover
Both of these mainly as weedsgrow in the fields, forest edges, clearings, along roads, on the slopes of ravines. Stems from clover erect, branched, thin, height from 30 to 100 cm, sometimes stretched to 150 cm. On the roots of present nodules with nitrogen-fixing bacteria. The leaves are trifoliate with long petioles, dentate on the edge, arranged alternately, provided with stipules. Flowers small, clustered at 30-70 in the beautiful pieces loose brush. Flowering occurs from June to September, gradually ripen fruits - oval beans, containing ovoid seeds. In Melilotus officinalis, more studied, yellow flowers, and the white, of course, white.
Procurement of raw materials
The Melilotus officinalis (yellow), scientists have discovered the following materials:
- coumarin (affect heart function and blood pressure, improves cerebral and peripheral blood flow);
- melilotin (because of it after enzymatic cleavage of coumarin released during drying);
- choline (normalizes the liver, gallbladder, is involved in the digestion of fats, important for lowering cholesterol in the blood, stimulates the heart activity, improves attention, strengthens the nervous system);
- dikumarol (prevents blood clotting);
- saponins (lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, can be tonic, expectorant, diaphoretic, choleretic and diuretic effect);
- tanning compound (astringent);
- mucus (help in the treatment of burns, Digestive and respiratory organs);
- resin (antiseptic, antimicrobial effect);
- flavonoids (anti-microbial, anti-toxic, anti-allergic, wound healing, anti-tumor, antispasmodic, hypotensive effect);
- protein, starch, fat and oils, ascorbic acid, carotene, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, chromium, selenium, nickel, and molybdenum;
- Vitamin E (accelerates wound healing, slows down aging of the skin, stimulates the production of estrogen and work gonads).
With this composition saturated cloveris used as an anticonvulsant, an expectorant, analgesic, sedative, anti-inflammatory, wound healing remedy. Preparations from it can help you:
- headache because of hypertension;
- coughing. colds;
- liver diseases, flatulence;
- reduced content of cells in the blood (after chemotherapy, radiation sickness);
- increased blood clotting;
- climacteric neuroses;
- neurasthenia, migraine. insomnia;
- thrombophlebitis, gout;
- boils, Boils, abscesses, burns;
- mastitis, Festering wounds;
- bruises, sprains, joint diseases.
The grass is added to the charges, used to treat cancer, gynecological diseases, rheumatism. For women it is indicated for:
- menstrual problems;
- disease, scanty menstruation;
- inflammation of the ovaries;
- infertility and other female diseases.
Infusions of yellow sweet clover provide lactating women to have increased milk production.
The white clover found:
- okumarovaya acid - has an antiseptic effect;
- essential oil - shows its anti-inflammatory, sedative, antispasmodic, antimicrobial properties;
- tannin - allows the use of sweet clover white with burns as a gargle to eliminate the effects of poisons poisoning, heavy metals;
- coumarins, resinous substances, choline, ascorbic acid, fatty oils, vitamin E, proteins - they have already told our site earlier.
White sweet clover slows blood clotting,dissolves blood clots in the vessels can be used in the treatment of arterial and venous thrombosis, shows anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and wound healing effects. White sweet clover in folk medicine used for getting rid of worms, Treatment of boils, sores on the skin, boils. This species is poisonous, so you should strictly abide by the dosage of the preparation and use of drugs inside.
As used clover?
From clover make infusions, decoctions, extracts,tinctures, ointments, compresses and baths. To prepare, it is desirable to use a thermos, pour to 2 teaspoons of grass clover and pour 400 ml of boiling water. An hour later, the infusion can be drunk already. Dosage: three times a day for 20 minutes to 100 ml of the food.
For outdoor use are preparing a tincture: tablespoon chopped grass clover filled with 200 ml of boiling water. An hour later, drain and means can be used to wash the wound surfaces, compresses, rubbing abscesses, ulcers, inflammation of nipples in wet nurses, trays with joint pain.
To restore hormonal balance, for the treatment ofendometriosis, infertility, migraine make a tincture: 50 g of chopped herbs pour 250 ml of vodka. Insisting spend 14 days in a dark place, shaking occasionally. Dosage is as follows: three times a day for 15 drops a small amount of water before meals. The prepared infusion stored in the refrigerator, on the door.
In the absence of menstruation (amenorrhea), and inflammation of the ovaries is the collection, consisting of:
- grass clover yellow;
- flowers mother and stepmother;
- herbs centaury.
All ingredients are taken in equal parts, for example,2 tablespoons and mix in a jar. For an infusion take two tablespoons of the collection and pour 500 ml of boiling water. After two hours, it means you can filter. Dosage: five times a day with 100 ml. Course - 30 days.
For the treatment of carbuncles, festering wounds, boilsOintment successfully used: first dried flowers are ground (or ground in a coffee grinder) to a powder) and then filled with 50 ml of vegetable oil or mixed with petroleum jelly.
White clover is used:
- for baths in myositis;
- as an ointment for treating wounds;
- infusion in the treatment of ovarian cancer;
- as an infusion or tincture for hypertension, atherosclerosis.
Preparations of clover can not be used when:
- internal bleeding;
- Low blood clotting;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- severe kidney impairment;
Care should be a tendency to hypotension.
Other applications clover
White and yellow sweet clover - wonderful honey plants, nectar from which bees can collect four months. Honey that has medicinal properties, flavor and taste.
Milled leaves as a spice can be added to salads, fish dishes and soups. This kind of seasoning often used the inhabitants of Central Asia, the Caucasus. Some beers flavored sweet clover.
The hay of clover - tasty and healthy food for domestic animals. Preparations of clover used in veterinary practice.
The white clover has insecticidal properties, itIt can be used to repel mosquitoes, for this it is necessary to knead the plant torn, crushed to form juice. In the villages used to do the pads from dried clover, and grass laid in cabinets between things, to scare away moles.
Use in clover versatile, nature has endowed him with many features, but before treatment are sure to get advice from the doctor, strictly follow the dosage.