Lecithin is a substance that consists ofset of complex lipids containing fatty acids are necessary for normal functioning of human organs. Most high content of lecithin noted in the liver - more than 65%. Foods containing lecithin, enter the intestine, where split into its component parts. Then, they are absorbed into the blood and further flow through the bloodstream to the liver, where they are stored and converted back to lecithin.
From Greek, "lecithin" is translated as"Egg yolk." It is the yolk that is famous for the largest content of this useful component. Also, lecithin is found in other products of plant and animal origin, such as:
- milk, yogurt, fat sour cream and cottage cheese, fermented baked milk and other dairy products;
- white and black seeds, nuts of all kinds, raisins, dried apricots;
- caviar red and black;
- vegetable, olive oil and butter;
- fish fat;
- green pea;
- wheat bran;
- all legumes.
Lecithin is best absorbed from foods.plant origin, worse - from an animal. Lecithin can be replenished not only at the expense of food. Today it is produced in the form of biologically active additives (BAA), which are sold in most pharmacy stalls. But prescribe dosage forms of the drug should only be a specialist during the consultation.
What is useful lecithin
As a result of lecithin deficiency suffers the whole body. It threatens man with such dangerous consequences, such as:
- the risk of developing coronary heart disease, hypertension. arrhythmia;
- stroke, Infarction, paresis;
- gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers;
- liver disease - cirrhosisHepatitis;
- diseases of joints;
- skin diseases - psoriasis, Eczema, herpes all types of allergy;
- nervous disorders, irritability, chronic fatigue, insomniaAnd even nervous breakdowns;
- Gastrointestinal disorders;
- brain damage, poor memory, confusion;
- infringement of intellectual growth and development in infants and young children;
- complications of the disease viral and bacterial infections;
- high cholesterol;
- complications during pregnancy, malformation of the fetus;
- premature aging of the skin and the whole organism.
This is useful lecithin
Lecithin is needed by all, without exception, for the normal functioning of the whole organism. But especially this material shows the following categories of people:
- all who are engaged in mental work, especially schoolchildren and students;
- people suffering from diabetes mellitus type 1 and 2;
- in diseases such as Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis;
- people with chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, gall bladder, when gastritis. colitis. gastroduodenitah. pancreatitis, Gastric and duodenal ulcers;
- with all types of hepatitis, in cirrhosis, liver cancer;
- those who have been diagnosed with cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis after heart attacks, strokes, as well as for prevention of these diseases and to people at risk;
- at elevated cholesterol;
- for chronic skin diseases (psoriasis, eczema), especially in the period of exacerbation;
- in a period of depression after severe stress, lack of sleep, fatigue during strenuous exercise;
- pregnant women and nursing mothers;
- babies who are bottle-fed;
- children in the period of adaptation in kindergarten, in school, in the period of stress. This is especially true of first-graders;
- at poisoning, Intoxication, hangover;
- women and men in the period of dieting with the aim to lose weight.
Today lecithin is widely used in cosmetology. From it are made cosmetics, skin care and hair care. Noted the following quality cosmetics based on lecithin:
- Improves overall condition of the skin, it promotes its cleansing and restoration.
- Reduces the activity of the sebaceous glands, it helps get rid of acne and skin inflammation.
- It restores the function of the hair follicles and prevents hair loss, improves their growth.
This is counter-lecithin
There is practically no natural lecithincontraindications, except individual intolerance in the case of an allergic reaction to a substance. In spite of the great benefits of lecithin, its daily dosage should be limited to 5 g This is sufficient for proper operation of all the lecithin-dependent organs. The caution is recommended to take the substance to pregnant and lactating women. It is advisable to previously consult a specialist and do not appoint a drug alone.
But lecithin as a dietary supplement our website recommends using caution. An overdose of this substance is dangerous consequences:
- may cause nausea, Vomiting, dizziness and diarrhea;
- in some cases there is an allergy to drugs containing lecithin;
- in diseases of the biliary tract may increase, resulting in the movement of rocks and sand, and as a result - a clogged duct, and it is life-threatening.
In any case, the use of drugs containing lecithin should govern physician. He will determine your dose, schedule and duration of the application of the treatment course.